Re: packaging of Mobyle app

Hi Olivier,

> For link issues, I think your refer to the links to the program examples.
> But programs are installed with the mobyle-programs package.
> By default, no program is installed, so links in example tutorial will fail.
> I have added in man page a hint about this requirement.

I installed the mobyle-programs package, and now Mobyle and its tutorial work.
It is a nice platform that will be a wonderful addition to Debian.

The postinst script of mobyle-programs contains the following command:

  /usr/share/mobyle/core/Tools/mobdeploy -p all deploy

On my computer it was quite ressource-intensive and almost crashed it since I
had already another process very hungry in memory (iceweasel running an genome
browser).  Is it possible to execute this computation at build time ?  That
would also solve the problem that after uninstallation, mobyle-programs leaves
a lot of files behind.

After installing mobyle-programs, all the tools supported by Mobyle are listed,
even if they are not available on the system.  I think that it would be better
to only list the ones available.

Env/blast2_env.xml  Env/gruppi_env.xml contain information about local
configuration.  Do you think they could be installed in /etc/mobyle ?

Here are answers to other questions.

> > Links in http://localhost/mobyle/portal/help/stepbystep did not work,
>
> Did not check those one, I will have a look

http://localhost/cgi-bin/mobyle/portal.py#tutorials::stepbystep was the good
link.  I now understand that http://localhost/mobyle/portal/help/stepbystep is
not expected to do something.  Perhaps an Apache redirection that hides cgi-bin
and portal.py from the URL would be a nice addition.

> > and
> > http://localhost/mobyle/portal/html/announcement.txt is empty.
>
> announcement is empty. It is used if "admin" wants to add some announcenemnts.

Perhaps it should then be a symbolic link to a file like /etc/mobyle/announcement.txt.

> > ‘missing-dependency-on-python-support’.
>
> Which level/command did you use? A lintian ..changes did not raise this error on my computer..

I am using ‘-I --pedantic’, but maybe the version matters more than the level ?
I am using lintian 2.5.3 and missing-dependency-on-python-support was
introduced in 2.5.0~rc1.  Note also that python-support is deprecated.

I can not help you for the parts about Python.  I am too much of a beginner in
that area.  Also I see that in the mobyle package's postinst script, some
apache modules are enabled.  I think I remember having seen some packages that
were managing this through debconf.  Perhaps you can seek advice about python,
apache, and the FHS (what to place in /usr, what to place in /var) on
debian-mentors ?

Have a nice day,

--
Charles