Re: Multiple upstream-metadata files possible?

On Mon, Sep 05, 2011 at 09:33:46AM +0900, Charles Plessy wrote:
> > debian/autodock.upstream-metadata.yaml
> > debian/autodock-getdata.upstream-metadata.yaml

This use implies that the file is related to the binary package which is
definitely not the case. (Upstream is just not thinking in categories
like binary packages.)

However, I admit that it might make perfectly sense to have different
citations on different binary packages.

> Your email reminds me that I need to make a nice proof of principle now that
> the data is loaded in the UDD.  Perhaps we can consider increasing the complexity
> of the system only after that ?

Doing it step by step is correct but as I said above it is not only the
number of citations we need to worry about but also the assigning those
citations to different parts of the source - which is somehow in
contrast to have information *about* the source.  The increased
complexity should reflect / resolve this conflict.