Re: python-cogent was in dire need for some extra attention

On Sun, Sep 04, 2011 at 12:15:18PM +0200, Steffen Möller wrote:
> Jakub had found the dependency on numpy to be missing. This was weird
> since this should have been found as a binary dependency through the
> shlibdeps.

Python modules are no shared libraries so shlibdeps can not do anything
about this here.

> I am just a bit surprised that it was someone
> I had not so much associated with bioinformatics  who has found
> it.

And I'm in turn surprised about you beeing surprised:  Isn't it what I'm
talking about all the time and what I regard as the big plus in beeing
included into Debian that we are profitting from the general Debian
infrastructure in Debian inclusive QA control?