python-cogent was in dire need for some extra attention

Hello,

Jakub had found the dependency on numpy to be missing. This was weird
since this should have been found as a binary dependency through the
shlibdeps. The bell then only rang when the newly introduced -dbg
package remained empty: the libs where not installed but remained
quietly in debian/tmp, which is why shlibdeps could not find them
which then again is why the dependency did not show up.

Ouch.

I have made debian/* now somewhat more explicit by adding a
.install file that points to usr/lib. Someone more proficient
with all that python magic please investigate that further. Why
was that not found automatically? And can we somehow activate
the test routines of the package? Is there something to send
to upstream?

While looking through their setup.py I have found an optional
reference to cython and added that as a build dependency.
It was already on my system.

For some better lintian cleanliness the underscore.js now also
comes as a symbolic link to the one in
/usr/share/javascript/underscore/underscore.js. The two files were
identical.

So, many thanks to Jakub. I tend to think that Debian's QA has
worked once again. I am just a bit surprised that it was someone
I had not so much associated with bioinformatics  who has found
it.

Best,

Steffen