Re: Effort to test Debian Med repository

On Thu, 01 Sep 2011 08:49:46 +0200, Andreas Tille wrote:

> > It might be easier for everybody to have the same workflow for every
> > package. The watch file just gets the released tarfile. In lots of
> > packages this is not enough, as there has to be done some repacking. So I
> > think this target is the only way to achieve such an unified workflow.
> I agree that a common workflow is a good idea.  It is also correct that
> not always uscan can be used because a source tarball needs to be
> rewritten. [..] Moreover it
> is hard to maintain if you assume that uscan might change some options
> or gets a new option which we would consider useful.

uscan can use scripts (as the last parameter in the watch line)
already. That's how we do repacking in the pkg-perl group.

Cf.
http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=pkg-perl/packages/libxml-feed-perl.git;a=tree
for an example and
http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=pkg-perl/scripts.git;a=tree
for the tools (repack.stub and repack.sh).

> >> Something like this is IMHO implemented in PET[1]
> > Oh, that is interesting. I didn't know that.
> That's why I insisted on posting to debian-qa. :-)

Thanks for promoting PET :)

> From your first mail it did not became clear to me that you are
> reimplementing a full package building and testing workflow based
> on the current SVN status.  IMHO that's really something which is
> not yet done.

There was a project once ... ah, here it is:
http://wiki.debian.org/svnbuildstat

Cheers,
gregor

--