Re: testing the repository

On Thu, Sep 01, 2011 at 11:57:52AM +0200, Mathieu Malaterre wrote:
> >> that the generated tarball actually match the one from debian archive.
> >> This should catch the missing --no-name GZIP error.
> >
> > Oops, can you please tell a bit more what kind of error this is?
>
> My point was simply that someone could have provided a nicely working
> get-orig-source (or watch file if you prefer), however there is no
> check that the orig tarball was actually generated using either
> method. The orig is simply the one uploaded during the first upload. I
> believe this /could/ be a good QA to check any discrepencies...

I perfectly agree with Mathieu and I would like to add the remark
that the "--no-name GZIP" which was refered to in the first place is
that *even* if you are using a (badly written) get-orig-source target
it might end up with not byte-identical orig.tar.gz because there is
no guarantee that if you just "tar -cx" get a byte identical archive
even if the content is identical.