Re: BioMAJ and getData

----- Mail original -----

I made a quick google search, and unfortunately, EBI/NCBI does not seem to provide CKAN links/data.
While I need to investigate further on CKAN, it looks a very interesting solution (but is it enough to describe data, I do not know). It could worth checking with EBI/NCBI guys if such solutions could be deployed.
Indeed, communities (Debian or other) could help to provide packages that describe some data, but those organisms manage the data itself. And, from what I saw, CKAN/datapkg hold the data itself in the package, it does not seem to describe the data/data location. With the existing (and to come) amount of data, it would be quite difficult (this is my point of view) to maintain the packages with the data itself (some databases change every week).