Re: circos for packaging

Le Wed, Jul 27, 2011 at 09:58:58AM +0200, Andreas Tille a écrit :
> Hi Olivier,
>
> On Wed, Jul 27, 2011 at 09:25:35AM +0200, Olivier Sallou wrote:
> > Hi andreas,
> > upstream author made requested changes on copyright (change some fonts)
>
> hope the remaining fonts are provided under a free license ...
>
> > Regarding circos-fonts, Circos embeds some partial fonts (those it needs). Those fonts are not available as Debian package. SO I hope it won't be an issue to create a sub-package for this (installed under circos directories).
>
> Creating an extra fonts package seems to be rather the proper way to do
> as lintian was suggestin.
>
> > Can you please upload those?
>
> It might be good if someone else could step in.  DebConf seems to be
> much more busy than I expected it to be (I obviosely ignored my
> experience from previous DebConfs).  I also might take some time off
> computer after DebConf - so if somebody might step in for sponsoring
> the package this might be helpful.

Hi all,

I have interest in Circos, but I can not promise to be fast.  But if nobody stemps in,
I will eventually review the package.  This said, I also think that properly packaging
the fonts separately would be a plus.  This is very well organised, see

  http://pkg-fonts.alioth.debian.org/

Cheers,

--
Charles Plessy