Re: Are ‘UniProt’ records complying with the DFSG ?

Hi Charles,

On Mon, Jul 25, 2011 at 08:56:00AM +0900, Charles Plessy wrote:

> Thanks for your comments.  I have contacted the UniProt consortium about the
> UniProt records in EMBOSS, to ask them if they consider them copyrightable, and
> if it is not the case, if they could provide a replacement such as test data
> distributed under a Free license.
>
> If this does not work, I will ask for the removal of EMBOSS and re-upload to
> non-free.

Just guessing from how you are naming it as "test data" I wonder if this
part of EMBOSS is really a part which is important enough to move the
whole suite out of main.  An alternative way might be to split source package
in a free part and have some non-free extension which will be suggested in
the binary package.

Just my 2 Eurocent