Re: Are ‘UniProt’ records complying with the DFSG ?

eh,  I feel your pain... e.g. now I was thinking to re-upload
pystatsmodels which was already once rejected due to my omission of
mentioning copyright with restrictive license on some quite factual
DB.

unfortunately IMHO we (Debian) are not in position to provide such legal
service to the community as to claim that something is not copyrightable
(e.g., are you sure it is not in all jurisdictions?) in contradiction to
the author's original copyright/license claim.  We can only
contact "upstream" and try clarifying/changing various license issues
(in my case above the author is already R.I.P...  heh), strip such
questionable materials or complement them by shipping in non-free... I
see no other way around.

Cheers,