Re: fis-gtm

On Fri, Jul 22, 2011 at 04:44:40PM -0400, Laurent Parenteau wrote:

> > Or do you really prefer something like postgresql? What about
> > bugfixes? If there is a version 1.2.003 in the repository, do you
> > provide bugfixes for such an old version?
> Yes, we would like it if it would be possible to install older versions
> from the repository.
> As for bugfixes, we don't have "patch" releases, as you often see in
> other software.  We only have full releases.  When there's an important
> issue that requires a fix fast, we simply spin a new release (which will
> have a letter suffix, like V5.4-002B) that will, among other things,
> include the fix.  So once V5.4-003 will be out, there should never be a
> V5.4-002C.

That, by extension, means that your nascent, next-release
code (say, v5.4-004-to-be) will at least be as stable,
tested, and trustworthy as the already released, tested,
field-proven V5.4-003 such that you can safely spin
V5.4-003A from V5.4-004-to-be plus the "B" bug fix ?

In other words - you never introduce regressions during
development ?

Or am I misunderstanding ?

Karsten
--
GPG key ID E4071346 @ gpg-keyserver.de
E167 67FD A291 2BEA 73BD  4537 78B9 A9F9 E407 1346