Re: Next upload of debian-med ?

Hi Charles,

On Mon, Jul 18, 2011 at 05:09:43PM +0900, Charles Plessy wrote:
> So maybe our ‘med-cloud’ task will get more directly useful in the future.
> However, as of debian-med 1.8, it does not contain much.  Andreas, what
> would you think about updating the package ?

In the past I updated "at request" or "if it makes sense" and you are
right we did not updated for a long time.  Since some time I'm actually
considering an update and I can perfectly do so if you like.  My current
reasons for waiting were:

The following packages only in unstable and not in testing[1]:
 - ballview
 - python-hl7
 - ginkgocadx

The following package which enables a new cateogry med-oncology needs
to pass NEW:
 - dicompyler
It was rejected for some formal licensing reasons which can easily fixed
by editing the copyright file (I guess) but I did not made it until now.

So if you consider waiting for these reasonable I keep on waiting.  If
you prefer a version 1.9 at the current state and releasing 1.10 soon
afterwards once those packages are in that's fine as well.  There will
always be packages to wait for and there is no specific reason to hold
on something which might be help you (in this case med-cloud).

[1] The metapackages are currently builded by checking what is inside
    testing rather than in unstable.