Re: Medical imaging experts please check mimetype for GinkgoCADx (r7121)

On Thu, Jun 23, 2011 at 09:07:16AM +0200, Mathieu Malaterre wrote:

> DICOM does not define file extension (.dcm), but only recommends .dcm
> when storing on disk (rfc3240).

That's the case with many file extensions, particularly on
unix like systems.

> What I would also encode is that DICOMDIR is a special file compare to
> other DICOM file (it is an index pointing to other DICOM files).

I wonder whether that is possible ?

> i am guessing this is also a special case for ginkgo-cadx.

Yes.

> It looks like `file` is capable of recognizing dicom file anyway:
>
> $ file --mime-type /tmp/BLA
> /tmp/BLA: application/dicom

Yes, that's what I was saying: Debian already knows the
DICOM mime type.

It recognizes files by looking for "DICM" within the first
few bytes.

Karsten
--
GPG key ID E4071346 @ gpg-keyserver.de
E167 67FD A291 2BEA 73BD  4537 78B9 A9F9 E407 1346