Re: Medical imaging experts please check mimetype for GinkgoCADx (r7121)

Hi all,

On Thu, Jun 23, 2011 at 8:23 AM, Karsten Hilbert
<Karsten.Hilbert@gmx.net> wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 23, 2011 at 08:00:54AM +0200, Andreas Tille wrote:
>
>> But what exactly does this mean for the two files I commited???
>
> AFAICT Debian already knows the DICOM mime type so there's
> no need to add magic:

DICOM does not define file extension (.dcm), but only recommends .dcm
when storing on disk (rfc3240).

What I would also encode is that DICOMDIR is a special file compare to
other DICOM file (it is an index pointing to other DICOM files). i am
guessing this is also a special case for ginkgo-cadx.
It looks like `file` is capable of recognizing dicom file anyway:

$ file --mime-type /tmp/BLA
/tmp/BLA: application/dicom

2cts
--