Re: rev 6863 (Re: Ginkgo-CADx package - was: Install on ubuntu 10.04.2 or debian 6)

On Sat, 4 Jun 2011, Steffen Möller wrote:
Formally there may be a problem. But I'd say it is fair to assume the dominating license of the package or of that folder. Is it the only contribution from that author?

Yes, it is only one file.

Just come up with your interpretation, state it in debian/copyright and inform upstream about the issue asking for a clarification.

Ok, so as there are other projects that use this code have a LGPL license, I assume the same in this case.

Maybe someone else could take a quick look at it. From my point of view this package is worth a new try.

  Thorsten