Re: rev 6863 (Re: Ginkgo-CADx package - was: Install on ubuntu 10.04.2 or debian 6)

Hello,

On 06/04/2011 06:48 PM, Thorsten Alteholz wrote:
thanks for all your tips.
I think I am almost finished now with the copyright file. The only open issue is with file src/cadxcore/xmlrpc/base64.h
The author of this file is listed but there is no license mentioned. Strictly speaking one may not do anything with such a file.
So where do we go from here?
Formally there may be a problem. But I'd say it is fair to assume the dominating license of the package or of that folder. Is it the only contribution from that author? Just come up with your interpretation, state it in debian/copyright and inform upstream about the issue asking for a clarification.

Best,

Steffen