Re: Debian packaging for plastimatch

Hi Greg,

welcome on the Debian Med mailing list.

On Mon, May 30, 2011 at 03:08:29PM -0700, Gregory Sharp wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am interested in Debian packaging for plastimatch (plastimatch.org).  The procedure is more or less clear, and I have completed the tutorial to create debian directory, and make source and binary packages.

Steffen just has added you to the alioth team so you can inject your
code (either debian/ dir to SVN or if you prefer Git your pristine
source and debian/ as described in the group policy[1]) into VCS.

> So far, I have registered on Alioth and requested to join debian-med.  It seems that debian latest release of ITK is 3.18, so I think that a good next step should be to implement ITK 3.20.  I appreciate any advice for this step.

I guess our medical imaging experts will answer this question.

> There is still some questions in my mind about CMake-based projects.  Is there any documentation about how to do this?

I'm not aware about specific documentation covering cmake.  I just know
that Ginkgo CADx[2] had some issues with cmake which were solved in some
patches (thanks to some diligent and knowledged people here on this
list).  So if you would commit your code into VCS and make some noise
here about problems you most probably will get some help.

[1] http://debian-med.alioth.debian.org/docs/policy.html
[2] svn://svn.debian.org/svn/debian-med/trunk/packages/ginkgocadx/trunk/