Re: [debian-med] Install on ubuntu 10.04.2 or debian 6

Hello,

On 05/22/2011 07:13 AM, Sebastian Hilbert wrote:
Am Sonntag, 22. Mai 2011, 01:19:50 schrieb Karsten Hilbert:
On Wed, May 11, 2011 at 08:21:20PM +0200, Steffen M�ller wrote:
[....]
What most likely could be done today is to create an experimental
non-free project. Then you can just go and include a binary with
your project. I would however prefer to wait a bit longer until
all those contributions of Ginkgo to other projects are fed back
into the respective upstream versions.

I am not convinced it will be particularly timely (or even straight-
forward) to actually get the wxWidgets patches included with upstream.

What we are currently trying to find out is how well CADx works
even without the patches applied when compiled against stock
Sid libraries. For that Sebastian wondered whether someone with
both knowledge and power could look at what CADx upstream provided
and get the packaging stuff in Debian Med SVN in good current shape
and maybe upload an experimental package compiled against current
Sid (or else post instructions where to pull an experimental package
from) so we can go ahead and do integration testing and things like
that.

IOW, take what's provided so far, make sure that creates an installable
.deb, compile against Sid, upload somewhere, tell us.

Exactly. Upstream indicated that it should works without these patches. How
well is to be determined. In any way they are actively working on improving
the situation so each new upstream version will automatically give a more
functional Ginkgo package.

Once alioth is back, please create a debian-med/trunk/packages/gingko-cadx
folder with it all. It is definitely a most rewarding spare-time activity.
There are just too many other bits for me to finish first ... is anybody on
this list prepared to jump at it, possibly?

Many greetings

Steffen