Re: [debian-med] Install on ubuntu 10.04.2 or debian 6

Am Sonntag, 22. Mai 2011, 01:19:50 schrieb Karsten Hilbert:
> > > On Wed, May 11, 2011 at 08:21:20PM +0200, Steffen M�ller wrote:
> > >
> > > We need Ginkgo CADx  :-)))
> >
> > I had a look and agree, we need that. Just allow the comment that
> > Ubuntu does not yet have it either :)
>
> ;-)
>
> No problem with both Debian and Ubuntu benefitting at the same time.
>
> > What most likely could be done today is to create an experimental
> > non-free project. Then you can just go and include a binary with
> > your project. I would however prefer to wait a bit longer until
> > all those contributions of Ginkgo to other projects are fed back
> > into the respective upstream versions.
>
> I am not convinced it will be particularly timely (or even straight-
> forward) to actually get the wxWidgets patches included with upstream.
>
> What we are currently trying to find out is how well CADx works
> even without the patches applied when compiled against stock
> Sid libraries. For that Sebastian wondered whether someone with
> both knowledge and power could look at what CADx upstream provided
> and get the packaging stuff in Debian Med SVN in good current shape
> and maybe upload an experimental package compiled against current
> Sid (or else post instructions where to pull an experimental package
> from) so we can go ahead and do integration testing and things like
> that.
>
> IOW, take what's provided so far, make sure that creates an installable
> .deb, compile against Sid, upload somewhere, tell us.

Exactly. Upstream indicated that it should works without these patches. How
well is to be determined. In any way they are actively working on improving
the situation so each new upstream version will automatically give a more
functional Ginkgo package.

Sebastian