Re: blast+ packaging

Olivier Sallou <olivier.sallou@irisa.fr> writes:

> thanks for your reviews.
> I won't have time to progress in next 2 weeks.
> I will refresh svn and have a look at this time

No problem; I know how that goes.

> I'd like to be as close as possible form original source code for maintenance

That's fair, though I will note for the record that the build system
adapts well to missing subtrees, as long as they weren't actually
necessary.

> For additional package, do you mean an "identical" blast package with
> just binaries renamed. to avoid conflicts? to be used in place of
> "basic" package?

I had envisioned a package that would depend on ncbi-blast+ (or
ncbi-blast-plus if you insist) and just contain the necessary symlinks.
That said, such an approach would probably be excessive; instead, one
further possibility would be for the regular package to contain a
directory (/usr/lib/ncbi-blast+/bin, perhaps) containing such symlinks,
which users could then add to their PATHs as desired.

http://www.mit.edu/~amu/ | http://stuff.mit.edu/cgi/finger/?amu@monk.mit.edu