Re: Fwd: How to check Bio-Linux package selections

On 29/04/11 22:20, Steffen Möller wrote:
I must admit that I did not fully understand it. We need to find better
ways for the cross-version packaging. It frequently escapes me that
Debian Med's duty does not end (from the end users' view) with the
auto-porting to Ubuntu but then needs to be available for the long term
support, too. With the availability of a package with Bio-Linux, this
demand would be set, right? And because Tim is doing such a nice job on
this front, there is no need for a the Debian Med PPA that I had set up
a few weeks ago except for those packages beyond the scope of Bio-Linux,
this means. But Tony, you were referring to a transfer from an older
Bio-Linux to a more recent one, right?

Many greetings

Steffen