Re: Is there a wiki I can keep notes for applications I install/package?

On Tue, Apr 26, 2011 at 01:52:02PM +0300, George Marselis wrote:
> trf is a requirement for RepeatMasker
> http://www.repeatmasker.org/RMDownload.html  I thought i would put it
> there as a place-holder and then email the gentlemen if they are
> willing to release the source or give permission to distribute it in
> the non-free section. was my logic flawed?

No.  The logic to contact the author of non-free software to change the
license is perfectly fine.  It was done several times successfully and
you will find example e-mails as CC to this list in the archive (in
March this year are several).  Saying this I would like to recommend
explicitely to CC the mailing list if you contact the author.

I was just asking because your intend was not clear from the content of
the task file.