Re: [Gnumed-devel] GNUmed 0.9 release plan

Am Donnerstag, 17. März 2011, 11:33:19 schrieb Andreas Tille:
> On Thu, Mar 17, 2011 at 11:16:00AM +0100, Karsten Hilbert wrote:
> > > in the pipeline:
> > > xml-rpc support for Ginkgo-CADx Dicom viewer (yeah)
> >
> > For which to become a truly grand option it would be
> > tremendously helpful if it got packaged for Debian.
>
> Did upstream answered the question about the patches somehow and I just
> missed the answer?  I really hope that this patches issue could be
> solved because we otherwise have real trouble to get it packaged.

Good news. I was told that they are reworking their build system to make it
easier for packagers. They are actively looking into getting the patches
worked out

Supposedly most wx issues have been fixed in 2.9. But Debian won't have 2.9
for some time I suppose. They will have a meeting tomorrow and will discuss
fowarding the wx patches to wxwidgets.

> They are small features like allow custom decorations, access to private
members and so on: They are "avoidable".

> The more significative patches are in ITK cause gdcm bugs. We submitted them
> to Kitware, but they was rejected so gdcm 1.x is going to be deprecated. >
> Those make Ginkgo (or any other soft using them, like OsiriX) crashes or
> fails loading some studies.

> None of the patches (over wx, ITK, DCMTK...) breaks compatibility at all.

Looks like there is a chance to get Ginkgo packaged.

Sebastian