Re: question on Tasks usage

On Tue, Mar 15, 2011 at 04:56:51PM +0100, Olivier Sallou wrote:
> could someone tell me how to install a debian-med task ,

In general:  Install the according metapackage like:

    apt-get install med-bio

> such as bio-ngs

This is a bad example. :-)
The bio-ngs task is quite new and the debian-med source package
(source for all med-* metapackages) needs to be recreated to
reflect the recent change.

Normally I could do this if it makes sense and an explicite request like
yours is a good reason to do so.

However in this very specific case (as well as bio-phylogeny) I'm
hesitating a bit.  I created the NGS task in Travemünde and started a
discussion about it at [1].  In a similar manner I added the Phylogeny
task later when I visited a workshop here in my institute.  The point
is that I'm quite unsure whether the classification we did is

  a) good and reasonable
  b) complete
  c) exclusive (should be all specific packages excluded from the
     general bio task)
  d) practically useful

So if we are positive that the current task layout is OK (I do not
really think so) I could just go and recreate the metapackages.  I could
also do it right now to just have the matepackages and experiment with
them - but this relaxes the preasure to make a reasonable layout of the
tasks.

So if you tell me what you think I can either answer your question
with "apt-get install med-bio-ngs" soon(ish) (=2-3 days) or we discuss
a bit and the metapackages will be available after some decision.

PS 1: There is an option to exclude some tasks from the set of metapackages
      so I could even exclude med-bio-ngs / phylogeny for the moment and
      update the rest.

PS 2: I planned to have a feature to include the content of a task into
      another which is for instance useful for science-biology just
      refering to med-bio and be done.  This is not implemented yet and
      would take some time (until summer??)

[1] http://lists.debian.org/debian-med/2011/01/msg00084.html