BEAGLE Genetic Analysis for Debian Med

Dear Brian,

I'm writing on behalf of the Debian Med project which tries to assemble
Free Software for bio-medical research in a ready to install form inside
the Debian GNU/Linux system (and thus as a consequence into Ubuntu).
Your product BEAGLE Genetic Analysis Software Package[1] is used in the
famous Beast phylogenie software and thus we would try to package it as
precondition for it.

Unfortunately it can not be added to main Debian repository
without being open source.  On you website you provide ready builded
JAR files with a license:

  You may download and use the BEAGLE executable file for non-commercial
  and commercial research.   BEAGLE is distributed on an "AS IS" basis.

For an inclusion into Debian we need the source code and the permission
to change the source code.  Typical licenses are GPL, LGPL or BSD.  If
you would consider to provide the source under a free license we hope to
be able to make your program even more popular in the bio-medical
researchers world because Debian and its bio-medical derivatives seem to
become more and more interesting by assembling a useful set of tools
which covers all workfields in Biology.  What is more the community
could help with fixing any bugs in your application and maintain the
code for future.

Kind regards,

    Andreas.

[1] http://faculty.washington.edu/browning/beagle/beagle.html