Re: MIRA, BALL, or svn vs git

On Wed, Mar 09, 2011 at 11:46:35PM +0900, Charles Plessy wrote:
> for the prospective packages, I think that the best is to document them as
> early as possible in the tasks files,

Yes!

Currently mira is mentioned on the tasks pages tp be in SVN and there
are files in SVN.  Could you please fix the bio-ngs task file and drop
an according file in SVN that the place has changed?

> and to make
> debian-med-packaging@lists.alioth.debian.org the owner of their ITP bug, where
> the VCS should be indicated.

While I try to follow ITP bugs very carefully it might happen that I
miss some change.  So editing the task file after issuing an ITP or
pinging me would be quite welcome.  I'm also watching SVN commits for
new packaging stuff droping in.  I will miss those packages in Git which
are not setup to report to the commit list.  This should be done in any
case!

> I do not know how other teams organise themselves. I think that in the case
> of pkg-perl, their Package Entropy Tracker is not yet Git-aware. Another
> idea for the Google Summer of Code ?

As far as I know pkg-perl uses SVN explicitely.  I try to talk to them
(again) at DebConf about using UDD for their Entropy tracker which would
provide a unique interface for several things.