MIRA, BALL, or svn vs git

Dear all,

a week ago or so I had worked on a first (so I had thought) package for the
assembler MIRA. I invested a couple of hours into it and eventually got
it to compile. Only today I then learned that MIRA is also on git:
http://git.debian.org/?p=debian-med/mira.git;a=summary
. The effort is not yet completed, as it seems, nonetheless, we should think
about ways to point ourselves to the packaging happening elsewhere.

Andreas H.'s package BALL now also moved to git:
http://git.debian.org/?p=debian-med/ball.git;a=summary

In the folders on svn trunk/packages/ball, trunk/packages/ball/trunk
and trunk/packages/ball/trunk/debian I now placed the following file
or a symlink to it:

$ cat now_managed_via_git
http://git.debian.org/?p=debian-med/ball.git;a=summary

Are the better ideas?