Re: question about meme

Hello,

On 02/17/2011 06:22 PM, Scott Christley wrote:
> I was looking at the meme packaging and noticed that it hadn't been finished, so I've made a few changes and have gotten it to build.  However I have a question.  MEME is actually a suite of programs.  In the current packaging, there is a separate package for one of the programs (glam2).  So is it standard procedure that each executable program needs to be given its own package?
>
> Now it is true that most of the programs in MEME can be used independently, so I suppose it is reasonable to say I just want glam2 and not (say) mcast.  But doing this properly require dissecting the MEME suite into all of its internal dependencies, which may be more work than worth the effort?

glam2 has found its way to meme only at some later point as it seems. What counts are the source tarballs. When GLAM2 is now
shipping with it, then I suggest to have a source package called "meme" and several binary packages from it ... if this makes
sense since there are different user groups. A binary meme package could (if feasible) then depend on / recommend glam2.

The glam2 package of meme would be of a version higher than that of the standalone glam2, so I hope. We then just ask for a
removal of Glam2 from the archive.

Many greetings

Steffen