Re: Help wanted in Java library packaging (JEBL2)

Hi Scott,

thanks for the helpful hints which brough me one definitely one step
further.

On Sat, Feb 12, 2011 at 09:29:16PM -0500, Scott Howard wrote:
> > the classpath should be changed to:
> > classpath="/usr/share/java/jebl.jar:/usr/share/java/jam.jar:/usr/share/java/freehep.jar:/usr/share/java/iText.jar:
> >  etc...    ">

I tried this way as you can see on the updated

  http://people.debian.org/~tille/packages/figtree-help-wanted/

> Alternatively, you can use jh_linkjars to link them to lib/ in the
> source directory and then use jh_classpath to change the classpaths to
> point to debian locations [1]. You also can install symlinks from
> /usr/share/figtree to the debian jars in /usr/share/java, however this
> technique won't work with the java:Depends substvars and jh_depends.

When using

	dh --with javahelper

jh_linkjars seems to be called automatically (but I probably need to
provide an input file for this.  However if this does not work with
java:Depends I'm not in favour of this method anyway.

Now to my remaining problem:  If you look at the updated build log
at the given URL I ran into

    [javac] /home/andreas/debian-maintain/todo/0_debian-med_todo/0phylogeny/figtree/figtree-wo_jam_jebl/figtree-1.3.1/src/figtree/application/FigTreeApplication.java:20: package org.fr
    [javac] import org.freehep.graphicsio.ps.PSGraphics2D;
    [javac]                                 ^
    [javac] /home/andreas/debian-maintain/todo/0_debian-med_todo/0phylogeny/figtree/figtree-wo_jam_jebl/figtree-1.3.1/src/figtree/application/FigTreeApplication.java:21: package org.fr
    [javac] import org.freehep.graphicsio.pdf.PDFGraphics2D;
    [javac]                                  ^

even after having the classpath adapted to include

   ${deblib}/freehep-graphics2d.jar

(deblib:=/usr/share/java).  Any further ideas?