Re: Help wanted in Java library packaging (JEBL2)

On Sat, Feb 12, 2011 at 9:19 PM, Scott Howard <showard314@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 12, 2011 at 1:45 PM, Andreas Tille <andreas@an3as.eu> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I uploaded two source packages to
>>
>>   http://people.debian.org/~tille/packages/figtree-help-wanted/
>>
>> One is the just ITPed (#613080) and the other one is FigTree which is
>> actually my target package.  The originial tarball contained a jebl.jar
>> which I stripped from the tarball.  I assumed that making figtree
>> Build-Depend from libjebl2-java sufficient to let java find the classes
>> in JEBL - which is not the case unfortunately.
>
> the classpath should be changed to:
> classpath="/usr/share/java/jebl.jar:/usr/share/java/jam.jar:/usr/share/java/freehep.jar:/usr/share/java/iText.jar:
>  etc...    ">

Alternatively, you can use jh_linkjars to link them to lib/ in the
source directory and then use jh_classpath to change the classpaths to
point to debian locations [1]. You also can install symlinks from
/usr/share/figtree to the debian jars in /usr/share/java, however this
technique won't work with the java:Depends substvars and jh_depends.

Cheers,
Scott

[1] http://pkg-java.alioth.debian.org/docs/tutorial.html