Re: [med-svn] [Debian Wiki] Update of "DebianMed/TCoffee" by SteffenMoeller

On 02/08/2011 08:39 AM, Andreas Tille wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 08, 2011 at 08:43:01AM +0900, Charles Plessy wrote:
>> note that we also have another page about sequence alignements.
>>
>> http://wiki.debian.org/SequenceAlignment
>
> ... which again raises the topic of hard to maintain manually updated
> pages.  I'm no expert in this field but I bet that in the list of
> "Multiple sequence alignment in Debian" are programs just inside Debian
> missing (which is at best misleading for the visitor).  I'd really
> prefer linking to the tasks page.  However, the sequence alignment
> packages are somewhat mixed with other bio-medical software - which
> again brings up the question for finer granularity in the tasks.
>
> My suggestion would be to replace the static table on top by a link to
> the tasks page and move those other projects to the prospective package
> list.  Moreover we should try to find some rating mechanism which brings
> the more important targets more on top of the list.

I like your suggestion, Andreas, even though I know not to have time
to get anything like this going. The static page I previously created
on T-Coffe was mostly to keep track of the info provided by Paolo.

I am referencing the official Sequence Alignment page from there now.

Thanks for the pointer and best regards,

Steffen