Re: debian/changelogs, legacy work on packages and other distros

Le Sun, Feb 06, 2011 at 09:28:01AM +0100, Andreas Tille a écrit :

> what about fixing invalid stuff (invalid IDs, invalid target distributions,
> etc.) which are simply wrong.  Leaving at is or fixing?

I often fix errors in my changelogs a posteriori when I find them. I think that
if a package was never uploaded to unstable, the changlog should not mention an
upload to unstable :) So I would recomment fixing.

Actually, now that backports.debian.org is official and Squeeze is released, we
will have more headaches with changelogs. For instance, should the changelog of
the upstream branch mention that the package was backported ? Currently, I keep
a different changelog for each branch, because I am mostly using Git now. But
in the packages in the Subversion repository, managing branches is a bit more
complicated, so the “linear” way may fit better.

And to be comprehensive, let's not forget contributions form Ubuntu. One entry
in the latest versions's changelog, or one full changelog entry where the
upload is not targetted at unstable ?

Confusingly,

--
Charles