Re: debian/changelogs, legacy work on packages and other distros

Le Sat, Feb 05, 2011 at 07:05:17PM +0100, Andreas Tille a écrit :

> I would like to mention that I definitely needed to change the changelog
> because the Closes statement needs to be in the latest changelog entry
> and not in the first one.

Hi Andreas,

note that alternatively, you can include multiple changelog entries in the
Debian changes file, which will trigger the creation of the appropriate Closes
field. Here is a hint that I reproduce from http://backports.debian.org/Contribute/#index5h3

  Include all changelog entries since the last version on debian-backports or
  since stable if it's the first version. You should do this by passing "-v" to
  dpkg-buildpackage. Eg: "debuild -sa -v0.7.5-2", where "0.7.5-2" is the version
  in stable. If the package wasn't in stable or backports before you don't have
  include the changelog entrys (but you are free to do so).

I would also be in favor to keep pre-Debian changelog entries when doing the
first upload to the main archive. If it is acceptable that the changelog
contains nothing (as usual), it means that the FTP team can skip reading it
when it contains something. I do not see how it takes their time.

Have a nice Squeeze day !

--
Charles