Re: Roadmap for packaging for mira

On Tue, Oct 12, 2010 at 11:55:06PM +0300, George Marselis wrote:
> MORE QUESTIONS:
> 1) i want do auto-sign the packages. so, instead of sitting on top of
> a keyboard, i will write a script to do it for me. is that in the
> debian maintainers guide?

I do not think that there are good reasons to automatize the signing
process which needs to be done only once (before the upload).  If you
want to safe some time perhaps gpg-agent is your friend but I have not
tried it personally (even after signing a lot of packages).

> TODO:
>
> * building does work properly on mira: what i mean, is that i tried to
> make a different build tree, by mkdir ~/src/mira; untar
> mira-x.x.x.tar.gz -C ~/src/mira; mkdir ~/src/mira-other; cd
> ~/src/mira-other; ../mira/configure --prefix=/usr and then make in
> ~/src/mira-other. build  fails to run. I will notify upstream.
> * create a "vendor branch" for mira, till bastien releases the cleaned
> up code of the repo (currently on my laptop, should be done by
> tomorrow)
> * i will need help to make sure i created the vendor branch correctly
> * there is already a repo up, which can build a package from source.
> the question now is how do i make it available for more machines than
> amd64
>
> that's for now, i will bug you all later :)

I admit I'm not completely sure what you are talking about.  There is an
upstream version which is newer than the rough packaging stuff in our
SVN:

$ uscan --report
Processing watchfile line for package mira...
Newest version on remote site is 3.2.0, local version is 3~rc2
mira: Newer version (3.2.0) available on remote site:
  http://qa.debian.org/watch/sf.php/mira-assembler/mira-3.2.0.tar.bz2
  (local version is 3~rc2)

Could you adapt the packaging at

   svn://svn.debian.org/svn/debian-med/trunk/packages/mira/trunk/

and I could try the build process?  Otherwise I have no clue what you
are talking about.  If there is any problem please do not hesitate to
ask here.