Re: ncbi-tools under Debian Med group maintenance?

Charles Plessy <plessy@debian.org> writes:

> would rather to create the missing directories at build time when necessary,
> with commands like ‘[ -d build ] || mkdir build’.

Indeed; I ran into that myself and have now committed a fix, along
with overall .gitignore annotations.

> As a much more minor comment, I am not sure if the debian-lenny branch is
> necessary, since the package in Lenny went there through a regular upload
> to unstable. Perhaps what you need is rather a debian-experimental branch.

Good point; I've retired the branch, and will take care to use a
debian-experimental branch for my initial work on the new upstream
release.  Thanks for the suggestion.

> Talking about experimental upload, I also agree that it would be better
> to release with a recent version of the NCBI toolkit. By the way, have
> you seen the Launchpad bug #586219 ?

No, I hadn't; thanks for the pointer.  The new release includes BLAST
2.2.24, so that report definitely also argues in favor of trying to
get it into Squeeze.

http://www.mit.edu/~amu/ | http://stuff.mit.edu/cgi/finger/?amu@monk.mit.edu