Re: ncbi-tools under Debian Med group maintenance?

Le Mon, Aug 30, 2010 at 01:52:48PM -0400, Aaron M. Ucko a écrit :

> I've
> posted my final draft, complete with merge annotations and pristine-tar
> metadata, at git://amu.scripts.mit.edu/ncbi-tools6.git (browsable via
> http://amu.scripts.mit.edu/gitweb.cgi?p=ncbi-tools6.git;a=summary ) in
> case anyone wishes to review it further before I upload an official
> version to Alioth (probably within a week, but not for at least a day or
> two).

Dear Aaron,

I have cloned the repository and tried to build the package from there
with the git-buildpackage tool. Unfortunately, git does not track empty
directories, and therefore git-buildpackage fails because of the absence
of ./build. While there are workarounds to force git to track a directory,
for instance by adding a .gitignore file in, I think that the best solution
would rather to create the missing directories at build time when necessary,
with commands like ‘[ -d build ] || mkdir build’.

As a much more minor comment, I am not sure if the debian-lenny branch is
necessary, since the package in Lenny went there through a regular upload
to unstable. Perhaps what you need is rather a debian-experimental branch.

Talking about experimental upload, I also agree that it would be better
to release with a recent version of the NCBI toolkit. By the way, have
you seen the Launchpad bug #586219 ?

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ncbi-tools6/+bug/586219

It affects the package that is to be released with Squeeze. I have not found
time today to try to reproduce it, however…

--
Charles Plessy
Debian Med packaging team,