Re: Giving axi-cache biology a try

On Sat, Aug 07, 2010 at 11:46:26PM +0100, Enrico Zini wrote:
> I thought the results weren't too bad? You're vague ("biology" is vague,
> considering how many different biology packages we have in Debian), and
> you get two metapackages at the top of the results, with high
> relevance ratings:

OK, the very tip of the result is right.

> > Results 1-20:
> > 100% science-biology - Debian Science Biology packages
> > 94% med-bio - Debian Med micro-biology packages
>
> Rather than running "axi-cache more" to exaustion,

Well, probably I was "misusing" axi-cache.  My motivation was to verify
whether our tasks pages might contain all the debtagged packages.  I was
wondering how to connect Blends stuff more with DebTags and though this
might be an interesting thing to do.

> you can try following
> axi-cache's advice (also available on bash tab completion, before you
> even run the search) for ways to improve your query. I thought the
> suggestions weren't too bad:
>
> > More terms: molecular emboss ncbi european software sequence vibrant
> > More tags: field::biology field::biology:bioinformatics use::searching use::viewing uitoolkit::motif field::biology:molecular suite::debian

OK, this tab expansion thingy comes quite handy - even if it reveals some
other questions.  For instance what means

  $ axi-cache search biologist stupid
  $ axi-cache search biologist kiss

> I'm not able to say how to get med-bio to have the percentage you want:

Well, I don't care about absolute 100% as long as it's quite on top -
that's no problem.  However in the whole list where perfectly relevant
packages much lower (or not existent) than other only slightly relevant
packages.  This just did not fit my intention to verify our tasks list
according to DebTags.

> A more interesting thing you may want to do is to query for specific use
> cases. "dna sequencing"? "dicom viewer"? Pick queries you know users are
> actually using, if you can. Then see if the results are what you expect.
> This is a work that would check if the descriptions and the tags of your
> packages actually help the user find it.

This probably needs some more time but I will keep this in mind.
However trying to verify the complete list in our task seems to be the
wrong approach.

Thanks for your explanation