Re: What to do with draft packages?

On Wed, 04 Aug 2010, Andreas Tille wrote:
> I don't think so.  Perhaps I did not made my idea clear enough.  While
> "UNRELEASED" in the changelog is just a binary information (released or
> not) I would like to know the reasons *why* the package is not (yet??)
And we have debian/TODO for that as well imho.

What is important imho is to have proper ITP filed and notified where
this draft package resides.  And that might be also a reasonable place
where to mention why ITP is not yet fulfilled

Also within blends we have Pkg-URL field, so whoever is looking for a
draft package of the software of interest they can find it.

Making draft packages available to public before all corners are
polished is one of the reasons we have http://neuro.debian.net
repository available.  And together with blends information/tasks it
provides means for proper presentation of the package online until it
appears at packages.debian.org as well, e.g.:

http://neuro.debian.net/pkgs/jist.html

--
                                  .-.