Re: InVesalius packaging (Was: Open source 3D medical imaging software using wxPython)

On Thu, Feb 25, 2010 at 03:29:07PM -0300, Tatiana Al-Chueyr wrote:

> iii. Isn't python-multiprocessing included in python2-6?

Yes.

> iv. Some (Ubuntu) users reported a problem regarding InVesalius
> dependency on python-wxgtk2.8. Apparently if one had a previous
> version of python-wxgtk installed, InVesalius would try to use that
> older version, and not 2.8 - even though 2.8 was also installed. This
> was only solved uninstalling the previous wxgtk version. Do you have
> any guess about this - so we don't need to unistall the previous
> version?

a) on Debian people can use the update-alternatives
   mechanism to tell Debian which wxPython should be
   the default one

b) people should install python-wxversion to be able
   to programmatically select which wxPython version
   to use

c) InVesalius should do something like this to make
   sure it got the proper version:

	import wxversion
	wxversion.ensureMinimal('2.8-unicode', optionsRequired=True)

Karsten
--
GPG key ID E4071346 @ wwwkeys.pgp.net
E167 67FD A291 2BEA 73BD  4537 78B9 A9F9 E407 1346