InVesalius packaging (Was: Open source 3D medical imaging software using wxPython)

Hi Tatiana,

On Fri, Feb 19, 2010 at 01:57:24PM -0200, Tatiana Al-Chueyr wrote:

> I've uploaded it to [5]. Please, let me know if there are any problems.
> [5] http://svn.softwarepublico.gov.br/trac/invesalius/browser/releases/invesalius3/ubuntu32

I fetched this and did some enhancements regarding packaging while I was
travling by train today.  Because I realised that you are a member of the
Debian Med team now I commited my packaging to

   http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/debian-med/trunk/packages/invesalius/trunk/?rev=0&sc=0

Please check this out because the changes will make most probably also your
Ubuntu packages better.  I would really welcome if you would commit your
changes to this repository to cooperate in this packaging.

I did a lot of polishing which you will see if you compare with your
original version.  Please ask if something is not clear to you or you
do not understand the motivation for the change.

The current problem / blocker is the lack of the prerequisite sigar[1].
I have no idea about this software and I do not know whether I will find
time to package this - probably not in the near future.  Any volunteer
to step into this?  Tatjana, do you know whether sigar is a really needed
component for InVesalius or is it just enhancing the functionality.

[1] http://support.hyperic.com/display/SIGAR/Home