Status packaging GT.M? (Was: OpenVista for Ubuntu)

On Mon, Nov 23, 2009 at 08:10:31AM -0500, K.S. Bhaskar wrote:

> [KSB] I found I needed to rework some of the user scripts in the GT.M
> distribution first, which I will get into the GT.M packages.  But it
> appears that creating Debian friendly packages - not just binary packages
> but Debian source packages that build into Debian binary packages is
> somewhat more complicated than I envisioned, and since it is a background
> activity, I have not made as much progress as I had hoped.

Any news here?  I'm keen on helping out in case of problems but I
somehow need a starting point because of a lack of GT.M knowledge.  So
if you stumble upon any problem regarding *packaging* please do not
hesitate to ask here.  Perhaps you might give a status report and
links to work in progres to let us have a look?

Thanks for your interest in Debian Med