Re: Usage of zlib in MaqView

Hello Andreas,

Many thanks for considering to port maqview to Debian Med. Unfortunately, I am afraid that for maqview we have to include those private zlib headers because maqview must use very low-level zlib structs and functions in order to achieve random access in a generic gzip file.

At the same time, although maqview still has a few features that even the most modern viewers are missing, it is not the best any more (for example, IGV, which has been ported to Debian Med, is more generic and better). If you have difficulty in porting maqview, you may consider not to include maqview in Debian Med. This would be unfortunate for us, but we are unable to drop the dependency. I am sorry.

Best wishes,

Heng