Re: Does pbuilder need to be run for each build?

On Wed, Oct 13, 2010 at 10:05:49AM -0400, Yaroslav Halchenko wrote:
> On Wed, 13 Oct 2010, Andreas Tille wrote:
> > You should use pbuilder at least once to make sure the
> > Build-Dependencies are valid.
>
> I would make it further -- you would need to pdebuild the package prior any

Which "you" do you mean.  I addressed Misha with the "you" above and
for the sponsee it is fine to ensure the build process once before he
hands over to the sponsor.

> upload to Debian (or for sponsorship), to assure that it builds fine in an
> up-to-date sid/experimental environment, since your local environment might not
> be fully up-to-date and you would mask out possible problems.

If the "you" is addressing the sponsor than I definitely agree that any
upload which is done to ftp.debian.org should be produced using pbuilder
and I'm doing so.  But the sponsee is not uploading and so there is no
real need to always use pbuilder.