Re: Status of BioCocoa (Was: trunk/packages/biococoa)
- To: Andreas Tille <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Cc: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: Status of BioCocoa (Was: trunk/packages/biococoa)
- From: Scott Christley <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2010 12:10:04 -0500
- Message-id: <[🔎] F244BE3C-D79E-41BF-B765-76026BE9D574@mac.com>
- In-reply-to: <20100423061106.GA14263@an3as.eu>
- References: <8450C378-22A9-4386-8A0Bemail@example.com> <20090921073126.GA10251@an3as.eu> <4E4EB65B-C3BB-44C3-8BA6-AEC1213DE64C@mac.com> <20091007200833.GA26075@an3as.eu> <C92589C2-11E1-48FC-8750-FE3779885953@mac.com> <20091008052442.GA12656@an3as.eu> <7AA97A1D-CCAC-4BFA-9733-9DE945977FB4@mac.com> <20100422201746.GE21691@an3as.eu> <0D876F98-53FF-4AB9-9A24-14BDB715D8D3@mac.com> <20100423061106.GA14263@an3as.eu>
BioCocoa is ready for upload! The bits of code under question were re-released under the Lucent Public License 1.02 which should pass Debian guidelines. Sorry it took so long!
On Apr 23, 2010, at 1:11 AM, Andreas Tille wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 22, 2010 at 01:40:43PM -0700, Scott Christley wrote:
>> Yes, we have received word recently that the few pieces of code under discussion are to be released under the new Plan 9 (Lucent) license, which should alleviate the licensing issues for that code. We are waiting for the author to release new files with the license attached.
>> Is there a date set for the freeze?
> Not yet, but there is no way what comes first: The freeze or the new
> release of BioCocoa. If you ask me I would attach the "word your
> received recently" to the debian/copyright file and upload the package.
> As you know we are changing binary package names and thus manual
> intervention from ftpmaster is involved etc. So I would think it
> is a good idea to get the packages out soon.
> Kind regards and thanks for working on this
> To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-med-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
> with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
> Archive: http://lists.debian.org/20100423061106.GA14263@an3as.eu