Re: Regarding a New Project idea for Debian Med

Hi Prakhar,

congratulations also from my side. LFS is certainly always a thrilling
experience.
Concerning NGS I have just helped a PhD student we are sharing with our
neighbouring institute to get QIIME packaged. He is a self-trained
Ubuntu affectionado from India, actually :) The sources for the
packaging are already on our subversion repository, but I am not
steaming ahead and rather have this a training session with him, so it
will take a bit longer to appear in the distribution...within your 3
months, though.

For your low-level bits I do not feel competent to help you much with.
There have been some efforts to introduce parallelism during boot time
that have swamped over from Ubuntu. I care more for the biological bits
:)  You never described what packages you are exactly working with or
that you are preparing to package. This would most certainly be of
interest for us all.

My hunch is that you can compile the Debian packages all also for your
distribution. I would not see why not, if only the basic tools like dpkg
are available for LFS. This would actually be pretty cool, indeed. You
would have you low-level-understood environment and can share the
application side with the world. The community is out here to
constructively comment on whatever you say or plain ask.

Many thanks to Pjotr for the ping, all the best to you all

Steffen