Re: Allow FreeDiams to calculate drugs interactions on all databases -- Help needed

On Mon, Jun 28, 2010 at 10:38:34AM +0200, Eric Maeker wrote:

> I've found two websites that allow free access to french INN <-> ATC code :
> - http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Classification_anatomique,_th%C3%A9rapeutique_et_chimique
> - http://www.pharmacopa.com/classification_anatomique_therapeutique_et_chimique.php
>
> I think of a faster way. We can create a simple script that
> 1. download all html files from these two websites into a cache
> 2. create the link between french INN <-> ATC code by screening these
> html file for all french INNs included in the iam.db database from
> code 1000 to code 1500

That's an excellent idea !

> 2bis. make some corrections/verifications (I can easily do this if the
> script helps on this task)
> 3. then english translations can be retrieved using the canadian DB
> (ATC is available, drugs composition is available, selecting drugs
> with a unique molecule == INN so link to ATC code can be deducted )

Sounds right to me.

> 4. create a CVS output file from the script
>   * format = ATC;FrenchInnName;EnglishInnName
>   * put the result in a wiki page (that can be hosted in
> code.google.com/p/freemedforms)
>   * make this file BSD revised licensed
>   * ensure update of the page
>   * use this page for the SQL importation

This is intended for

a) providing the file to interested others and
b) quality-review by other people, right ?

> 8. then a simple translation of the interacting classes will be needed
> (iam.db from code 000 to code 999) --> using a wiki page would be
> great and simple.

I probably do not fully understand yet how the interaction
code works inside FreeDiams.

I would have thought once English and French INNs both have
ATCs attached to them and the calculation of interactions is
moved from INN to ATC then it would automatically be
possible to calculate interactions ?

Or is the above referring to what is *displayed* once an
interaction is detected ?

I do believe the simple fact that an interaction exists will
already go a long way and help towards motivating people to
translate the interaction information :-)

Translation could be done by launchpad or transifex or a
similar tranlation site. We would just need to create a .pot
file ;-)

Karsten
--
GPG key ID E4071346 @ wwwkeys.pgp.net
E167 67FD A291 2BEA 73BD  4537 78B9 A9F9 E407 1346