Re: Release tarball of qrisk?

Hi

There are deprivation scores here
http://cdu.mimas.ac.uk/related/deprivation.htm although the license is not
100% explicit. This is at the level of electoral ward.

Postcode data is available under an open licence
http://www.ordnancesurvey.co.uk/oswebsite/opendata/licence/docs/licence.pdf
which is roughly similar to a CC Attribution license. This includes electoral
wards.

I have combined the two to produce a postcode to Townsend lookup table which I
can pass on if anyone wants it. I am personally planning to implement in
Python to try a few things out.

A point to note is that Townsend scores apply only to England and Wales. It
would be possible to do the calculation on Scottish data but as all of the
scores are normalised accross the data set it would likely invalidate the
whole Qrisk2 formula to use it. As far as I can see from their own
implementation there is not postcode adjustment in Scotland.

--
Gavin Jamie
(apologies for any threading problem  - I am replying from the archive)