Re: Status of Altree

On Tue, Mar 23, 2010 at 12:39:37PM +0100, Vincent Danjean wrote:
> Yes, and I stress her so that she answers instead of feeding the baby :-)

;-)

> > but nothing about the library and where to download potential future releases.
>
> Nanova (and the perl bindings NAnova) is a implementation of Nested Anova
> wrote by Claire and me following an old research paper.
> I ask Claire to fill the documentation in order to cite this article
> but also to explain that this method does not work in all cases
> (sometimes, variance estimations give negative results...)

Thanks for the clarification.  Do you consider this negative results
effect as a blocker to release the library as a Debian package?  I
can not estimate how frequently the problem occures and whether the
general use is limited.

> > Could you please clarify a bit?
>
> The idea would be to add some documentation (article references,
> problems and perl module documentation) and make a 'official' release.
> The tar.gz will somewhere on http://claire.bardel.free.fr/software.html
>
> Claire : do you think you can do that this week ?

A simple place to download the upstream tarball would do for the moment
to build an official Debian package.  I'd volunteer to do the rest as
a group maintained package.

But please make sure to give the baby highest priority! ;-)

Thanks for the response