Re: GNUmed Live CD for 0.6.0 is out

On Thu, Jan 28, 2010 at 01:08:19PM +0100, Sebastian Hilbert wrote:
> I am using the Debian-Live project for the Live-CD. A while back I set up all
> the configuration files (mostly manually) and every once in a while I run
> lh_build to build the GNUmed Live-CD.
>
> I have no idea how this can be helpful to the Debian-med project.

In case the Debian Med project wants to produce a Live CD of Debian Med
by adding some more packages and making sure, that a more complex thing
like setting up a ready to run PostgreSQL database for GNUmed is working
out of the box.

> I could
> supply a tarball of preconfigured files. Anyone could add packages from
> Debian-med to one of the config files and build it.

I think committing rather the unpackaged tarball (= the single scripts)
would be interesting to be able to see the diffs.

> In my view this is not a clean approach. I clean approach would be to define a
> package list and supply this list to live-helper.

That's probably simply our list of metapackages - but you have done more.

> This however only caters for pakages. The tarball conatains syslinux template
> changes and a few more things. We would need to figure out how to get those
> into the right places.

And that's why we would like to know how are you douing this to figure
this out together starting from your point of knowledge.