Re: FreeDiams uploaded

On Fri, Oct 02, 2009 at 10:06:19PM +0200, Eric MAEKER wrote:
> Script looks great, i've changed wget url. like this :
>   wget -q $URL
> That's all.
Ahh, that's easy. ;-)
Comments to your upstream tarball in the first place:

  - Please set the permissions of images (*.png) to not executable.
    Lintian floods you with warnings about files with executable permissions
    which are not executable.
    There are also some executable *.txt files in the tarball.
  - I also found some .DS_Store files in the tarball - I would also remove
    this.
  - Please leave out the debian directory out of your upstream tarball.
    As you might see now yourself you have a difference between the
    upstream tarball and the packaging stuff in SVN.  This can easily
    prevented by just not including the debian directory in the upstream
    tarball.

For the packaging I would split the data files into a separate arch=all
package.  There is some information about the reasons to do so in the
net which I do not want to repeat here.  I'd happily volunteer to do
this change because I'm afraid that you are not as experienced than me
in this kind of stuff.  I'd also add a freediams-doc package.  I think I
might commit these changes today evening if you like this.  You might
consider to apply my suggestions to your tarball meanwhile.

Kind regards and thanks for working on freediams